1. Friday Night Information
Starting at 5 pm, people are welcome to the school to check out the tables, play some open games, play some blood bowl, or play some 40k combat patrol. Blood Bowl will be a pick-up-game situation this year, in the future we might host a mini/fun tournament but for now we’ll just have four fields and some spare teams to play with if you don’t have a blood bowl team. If you do – feel free to bring it! We’ll have three rounds of combat patrol during the Friday night gaming. It is NOT a tournament – you can come and play just one round or up to all three. Anyone that plays that combat patrol scenario during the time slot gets their name in the hat for some early prizes that night. We’ve got some bags of bitz from bitzbox.co.uk, a Fantasy Flight Games source book, and some 40k kits (including one of the new flyer kits!) to give out on Friday night. All you have to do to be in the running for these prizes is play that round of combat patrol – at the end of the round we’ll draw names!
The facilities are open until 10 (we don’t want to be too taxing on our custodial staff the first night -and they have to stay there as long as we do!). There will not be early check in on Friday night.
2. Saturday morning check in:
Remember that unlike last year, we have staggered start times between the two events to accommodate for the additional round of 40k and to help with tournament administration. 40k Check In is from 7:15-8:00 am on Saturday, while Fantasy check in is from 9:00-9:45. Don’t worry 40k players, you get the later start on Sunday (9:00-9:45 check in versus 8:30-9:15)! When you arrive, you’ll simply need to give them your name, and you’ll be given your swag bag. If you purchased a meal pass, you should find that in your bag. If you do not, talk to the people at the desk and we will get it taken care of. You will be given your table assignment for round one so you can get set up. If you have entered, or want to enter into the Golden Gobbo – you will be directed to another table to verify your entries before you turn them in to be displayed.
3. Don’t forget about the dollar raffle!
On top of everything else we’re giving away, we also have a special dollar raffle. Each dollar you put in the jar = 1 ticket. So the more you put in, the greater the chance that you win! The winner gets their choice: either a fully customized Battlefoam bag, or their entry and hotel for the Bugeater GT paid for next year.
4. Don’t forget about the Game Shoppe!
The Game Shoppe will be on site at the tournament with a full array of products to sell you – including the new flyer kits coming out this next weekend. I’d encourage you to support the Shoppe since they are providing ALL the prizes for our award winners now that the GW Tournament Circuit is no more.
5. Some of you still owe me army lists. You know who you are . Get them in! We’ve only had a few issues with lists, and I’ll be sending those emails out tomorrow.
6. We get this question a lot: What’s the tournament policy on people coming to check the tournament out? While we’d like spectators to buy our spectator’s pass to help support the event (they get a swag bag and are eligible for the raffled off prizes after all … and we will sell these at the tournament), it isn’t a closed environment. People are welcome to come check it out, and this includes Friday night (although you can’t win a prize if you’re not a paid GT attendee).
7. Stay and eat at the school! We will have a pizza meal on day one and a taco bar on day two. We will have concessions (pop, candy, etc.) throughout the day with debate students with carts coming around to tables to take orders and deliver right to your gaming table!
That’s all for now, if you have any questions please send in an email ASAP. Otherwise, have a great week – we’ll see you on Friday!